UkoeHB submits new CCS proposal to continue work on Seraphis wallet PoC
Hi all, I closed out my previous Seraphis Wallet PoC CCS after consuming all the hours. There are additional tasks I would like to work on.
Total funding: 128 XMR (50 USD + 0.2 XMR Rate). ETA: TBD (16 weeks @ 20hr/wk = 320hrs).
- Add tx builder plumbing for discretized tx fees.
- Consider using 16-byte address indices (instead of 7), with 2-byte encoded address index MACs (instead of 1)
- Implement a robust ‘input selection’ solver that takes advantage of statically-determinable tx weights.
- Implement a maximally-efficient and generic enote-scanning workflow.
- Build a wallet proof-of-concept that demonstrates all the ‘transaction engineering’ capabilities and implementation modularity of Seraphis/Jamtis.
- Test out using x25519 for enote ECDH instead of ed25519, which may speed up enote scanning by a non-trivial amount (>10%).
- Miscellaneous code cleanup.
To learn more about UkoeHB’s work, consult my previous report4.
To share your feedback, ask questions and support this proposal, consult !3142.
Update 22/5/18: moved to funding stage5 (100% funded).
Update 22/7/17: there will be no wallet PoC and the remaining CCS time will be spent finishing the core library, according to UkoeHB’s recent MRL meeting statement6.