SChernykh releases P2Pool v3.0
- March 18th hardfork: Dynamic PPLNS window targeted to 2 Monero blocks (2 payouts) per share on average
- March 18th hardfork: Fix for duplicate shares which are sometimes found and can’t be added to p2pool
- March 18th hardfork: Improved coinbase transaction generation (better efficiency and privacy)
- Much faster miner jobs generation: down from 0.75 seconds to 0.04 seconds for 10,000 connected workers
- Reduced the delay to include new transactions in the block template being mined
The full list of changes is available on Github3.
Before using the software, you should verify the SHA256 sums with SChernykh’s GPG key4.
The README5 has valuable information about features, defaults, how pool shares work, build instructions and a short mining guide.
It is important to mention that P2Pool will hardfork8 to new consensus rules on March 18th at 21:00 UTC and users must update to version 3.0 or newer before this date.
Note that all wallet addresses are public on P2Pool and only primary wallet addresses are supported (no subaddresses or integrated addresses).
https://p2pool.io/SChernykh.asc, https://github.com/monero-project/gitian.sigs/blob/master/gitian-pubkeys/SChernykh.asc ↩
#monero-pools (irc), #p2pool-log (irc/libera) ↩