xmrvsbeast proposes bounty for adding P2Pool mining feature to Monero GUI Wallet in Simple mode
I really see it as a opportunity to onboard a broad base of users who may end up running their own node eventually when they get more serious about mining and Monero.6
Total Bounty: 2 XMR (to date)
- Code is open-source
- Code is submitted to the Monero repo as a pull-request7
- Pull request is accepted into Monero’s code base after review
- Automatically populate the “start up flags” with the required options based on remote node in use by wallet: “–host moneronode.com –rpc-port 18089 –zmq-port 18083”
- Automatically check configured remote node for p2pool compatibility
- Notify user if node is not compatible and suggest to search internet for a node with a suggested search term example: “P2Pool compatible Monero remote nodes”
To start working on the project yourself, you should make your intentions public by posting a comment in the bounty’s thread.
To increase the bounty you can contribute some XMR to the bounty address posted by the Monero Bounties Bot2.
Note that this proposal is somewhat controversial. Read the associated Reddit thread8 for more information.
This is an ongoing story and the report will be updated if/when new information is available.