SyntheticBird45 starts work on 'Cuprate', an experimental Monero node written in Rust
SyntheticBird451 has started working on Cuprate2, an upcoming experimental, modern & secure Monero node written in Rust:
Releasing an alternative node will reinforce the Monero Network if a security vulnerability is discovered in the current node maintained by the monero-core team. [..] I encourage anyone to review the work being done, discuss about it or propose agressive optimizations [..]
- Traffic Obfuscation: Different protocol to bypass DPI will be available
- Blockchain Storage: LMDB replaced by RocksDB
- Sandboxing & System: maintained SELinux/Apparmor policy
- RPC: ZeroMQ & gRPC will be available to communicate with the node
- Terminal Interface: TUI library
- Tor connections: arti_client library will be embedded
The developer decided to abandon their recent CCS proposal3 and focus on coding instead4.
This is an ongoing story and the report will be updated when new information is available.