SyntheticBird45 starts work on 'Cuprate', an experimental Monero node written in Rust
Releasing an alternative node will reinforce the Monero Network if a security vulnerability is discovered in the current node maintained by the monero-core team. [..] I encourage anyone to review the work being done, discuss about it or propose agressive optimizations [..]
- Traffic Obfuscation: Different protocol to bypass DPI will be available
- Blockchain Storage: LMDB replaced by RocksDB
- Sandboxing & System: maintained SELinux/Apparmor policy
- RPC: ZeroMQ & gRPC will be available to communicate with the node
- Terminal Interface: TUI library
- Tor connections: arti_client library will be embedded
This is an ongoing story and the report will be updated when new information is available.
Update 23/3/30: project looking for volunteers to help do benchmarks5.