plowsof submits CCS proposal to get Bulletproofs++ paper peer-reviewed
This CCS will provide funding for the first step towards Bulletproofs++ implementation in Monero. [..] The deliverable is a write-up which will include recommendations, notes, weaknesses, and issues (if any) of the BP++ paper.
Total funding: 155 XMR. ETA: EOY.
- M1: Bp++ eprint paper audit (155 XMR)
Proposed events timeline (not part of this CCS)
- Q4 2022: C++ PoC for comparing performance between Bp+ and Bp++ (by CypherStack6)
- Q1 2023: PoC implementation for Monero (by UkoeHB7)
- Q2-Q4 2023: Paper review and implementation audit (by Quarkslab8)
- TBD: one or two more implementation audits (possibly by CypherStack5)
Bulletproofs++, if implemented in Monero, could further reduce typical transaction size and significantly improve verification performance9.
To read the full proposal, share your feedback, ask questions and support this CCS, consult !3582.
This is an ongoing story and the report will be updated when new information is available.
Update 22/11/16: proposal edited after today’s MRL meeting10: timeline removed; title changed from audit to peer review to reduce confusion; Cypherstack will start the audit early December; a separate CCS proposal will be submitted for the PoC code audit.