Monero Development Workgroup meeting scheduled for 29 January 2022 1700 UTC
The next Monero Development Workgroup meeting is scheduled1 to take place on Saturday, 29 January 2022 at 17:00 UTC.
The meeting should take place on IRC-Libera/Matrix2 in the #monero-dev channels.
Main discussion topics
- Status of changes that should go in the next hard fork (bulletproofs+ PR @ #71703, fee changes PR @ #78194, view tags PR @ #80615)
- Reassess schedule for rollout6
- Confirm and officialise ringsize 16
- Discuss potential Features to be added for next hard fork (PRs: MRL #887, #64108, #77609, #787710)
To view the full agenda and propose an item, consult #6551.
This meeting’s chairperson will be erciccione.
Update 22/1/27: updated issue no from #652 to #655, agenda, swap chairperson.
Update 22/1/29: logs for this meeting are available on GH11.
- consensus reached for ringsize bump to 16
- PR #8061 (view tags) still open for final reviews
- PR #7819 (fee changes) needs a second review (jberman volunteered) and more discussion before merge (in next MRL meeting)
- carrington voiced grave concerns about chain growth attacks (MRL #70)
- PR #7170 (Bulletproofs+) waiting for vtnerd’s final review
#monero-dev (IRC-Libera), #monero-dev:monero.social (Matrix) ↩