kopipe proposes $3,099 bounty for Monero vanity address generator that uses OpenCL or CUDA
kopipe1 has proposed a $3,099 bounty2 for the creation of a Monero vanity address generator CLI app that uses either OpenCL or CUDA and is at least 4 times faster than the existing CPU-driven vanity-monero3 tool:
Monero vanity address generation can currently only be done via CPU. [..] the Modular Font Editor K Foundation, Incorporated, a New Jersey non-profit [..] is offering a bounty of $3,099 to be paid however the accepting user prefers for a Monero (XMR) vanity address program meeting these specs [..]
- works on GNU/Linux
- works with NVIDIA cards (minimum: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU)
- is command line driven
- uses either CUDA or OpenCL
- accepts at least a single search prefix on the command line for the public receive key
- is at least 4x faster than https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/vanity-monero
- reports the number of keys it’s considering every n seconds
Note that the bounty will not be paid unless the software is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license and includes this copyright line:
Support for this software's development was paid for by Fredrick R. Brennan's Modular Font Editor K Foundation, Inc.
To learn more about generating custom/vanity XMR addresses, consult the vanity-monero repository README6.