jeffro256 submits CCS proposal for 3 months of part-time Monero dev work
I propose to spend 30 hours a week for 3 months working on Monero Core and the Monero GUI.
Total funding proposed: 70 XMR (USD 30/hr * 30 hrs/week * 12 weeks). ETA: ~3 months.
- Work with @selsta to protect GUI users in ‘simple mode’ by implementing a trusted community node system
- Create a RPC SSL connection integrity indicator for the CLI and GUI wallets
- Allow GUI users more fine-grained control of their SSL connections
- Create a more thorough UI for warning users of GUI mode of high fees
- Draft a formal Levin/Cryptonote protocol specification
- Revamp Doxygen documentation
- Do other general documentation of the codebase
- Transition legacy OpenSSL code to comply with OpenSSL 3.0 (already started)
- Explore using faster & smaller EC OpenSSL certificates in place of traditional RSA certificates
- Continue to remove dead code, and simplify codebase, especially the (epee module)
- Misc developing / reviews
jeffro256’s first PR was merged on March 18th. The complete list of merged pull requests is available on Github3.
To read, share your feedback, ask questions and support this proposal, consult !3192.