Justin Berman publishes his third CCS progress report
Weeks 5-6 [Sep 27 - Oct 10] Hours worked: 91.2 hours Total hours worked: 280.9
I focused mainly on decoy selection algorithm work these past 2 weeks (lots of focus on binning + updated openmonero).
Technical details related to his work during the past two weeks are listed in his report:
- worked on a PoC for “binning” in the decoy selection algorithm
- implemented the gamma-based decoy selection algorithm in openmonero
- created a new PR to decrease the recent spend window in the decoy selection algo
- made a bit more progress on monero-lws informal audit, but not much
- chatted with vtnerd on a strategy to support subaddresses in monero-lws
Justin plans to continue working on the issues listed in his initial progress report4 for the next 2 weeks:
I’m optimistic I’ll be able to make significant headway into (and finish) most stuff from the CCS proposal by the end of the 3-month period, except for a majority of the one-off tasks (but also hoping to get subaddress support in monero-lws done).
- Complete informal audit of monero-lws
- Continue working on thread safety in the daemon RPC
- Subaddress support in monero-lws