17:00:18 <br-m> <rucknium> Meeting time! https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/1484
17:00:23 <br-m> <rucknium> 1. Greetings
17:00:47 <br-m> <ofrnxmr> Hi
17:00:56 <br-m> <jberman> waves
17:01:01 <br-m> <jpk68:matrix.org> Hello
17:01:03 <br-m> <jeffro256> Howdy
17:01:50 <br-m> <vtnerd> Hi
17:02:27 <tevador> Hi
17:02:47 <br-m> <syntheticbird> Hello
17:03:01 <br-m> <rucknium> 2. Updates. What is everyone working on?
17:03:12 <br-m> <boog900> Hi
17:04:25 <br-m> <vtnerd> me: pushed out a new version of lws after some bug fixes came in. working on getting my fcmp++ patches for lws/lwsf updated, lws is just about ready after I finish a test fix. ssl will be updated shortly too, the holdup has been fixing a few bugs
17:04:29 <br-m> <rucknium> me: Reading selfish mining papers. Pulling together info about other coins' counterfeiting flaws discovered and/or exploited this year.
17:05:54 <br-m> <jeffro256> me: fixed Carrot spec and implemented carrot_core. Reviewing upstream PRs. I wanted to post a CCS milestone update, but it seems the site is down...
17:07:21 <br-m> <rucknium> 3. FCMP++ Phase 2 & 3 integration audits.
17:08:44 <br-m> <jberman> me: planning on doing followup on FCMP++ integration PR's, reviewing some outstanding items for Carrot, and updating FCMP++ integration code with the relative lock impl by tevador. Have been working mostly on Serai lately but will be switching back to do these tasks
17:09:29 <br-m> <rucknium> @sgp_:monero.social: You asked that I add this agenda item.
17:10:08 <br-m> <sgp_> Yes, sorry, time change :) thanks for ping
17:10:44 <br-m> <sgp_> We received 8 quotes on this matter, and we are reviewing them now, with an expected push for a final decision during the next meeting
17:11:03 <rbrunner> (a bit late, joining now)
17:11:41 <br-m> <rucknium> @sgp_:monero.social: Do you have an expectation about when you can post the info (I hope not 2 minutes before next meeting)?
17:12:00 <br-m> <thomasbuilds:matrix.org> Me : did counterfeiting audit
17:12:35 <br-m> <thomasbuilds:matrix.org> Stuff will be shared when appropriate
17:12:45 <br-m> <thomasbuilds:matrix.org> (Publicly I mean)
17:12:47 <br-m> <sgp_> Sure, we are collecting more information about the reviewers' experiences now
17:13:35 <br-m> <sgp_> We may recommend multiple auditors depending on what we hear back
17:13:57 <br-m> <sgp_> that's all for now though
17:14:23 <br-m> <rucknium> What is your expectation about when you can post the info here?
17:15:04 <br-m> <rucknium> @thomasbuilds:matrix.org: Not you
17:15:10 <br-m> <thomasbuilds:matrix.org> Hopefully soon
17:15:22 <br-m> <rucknium> I meant @sgp_:monero.social
17:15:32 <br-m> <thomasbuilds:matrix.org> Ya ok
17:15:42 <br-m> <sgp_> I'll plan for Friday
17:16:04 <br-m> <rucknium> @sgp_:monero.social: Thanks.
17:16:05 <tevador> thomasbuilds:matrix.org I'm interested in the audit.
17:16:11 <br-m> <rucknium> Anything else on this topic?
17:17:37 <br-m> <rucknium> 4. get_tx_key/check_tx_key doxes sender in 2-out tx (https://github.com/monero-project/monero/issues/11586).
17:20:24 <tevador> I reviewed the carrot PR and will be backporting the enote_type change to Jamtis.
17:20:35 <br-m> <thomasbuilds:matrix.org> tevador: Thanks, thing is I can't share it here. Selsta can explain you and will decide when I can disclose.
17:20:45 <br-m> <jeffro256> tevador: Awesome, thanks 
17:20:50 <br-m> <thomasbuilds:matrix.org> Anyways nothing critical
17:21:11 <br-m> <rucknium> Thomas, you had me really worried :yikes:
17:22:34 <br-m> <rucknium> More on this topic?
17:23:21 <br-m> <rucknium> 5. FCMP++ to-do list status. Programming tasks (https://github.com/seraphis-migration/monero/issues/53). Reviews and audits (https://cryptpad.fr/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/yPVIUywwA9-deE9VF6GYm9bXbPdCerdST3UDEEfBxcM/embed/). FCMP++ Integration Audit Overview (https://github.com/seraphis-migration/monero/issues/294). Network upgrade  [... too long, see https://mrelay.p2pool.observer/e/q4jWiLsLdEdNZ0p5 ]
17:25:37 <br-m> <jeffro256> I pushed impl of some feedback to the carrot_core PR 
17:26:02 <br-m> <jeffro256> That PR is always ready for review 
17:27:45 <br-m> <jberman> I'm planning on doing followup on FCMP++ integration PR's, reviewing some outstanding items for Carrot, and updating FCMP++ integration code with the relative lock impl by tevador
17:29:49 <br-m> <rucknium> 6. FCMP beta stressnet (https://github.com/seraphis-migration/monero/releases/).
17:31:32 <br-m> <ofrnxmr> Ginger found an issue where ibd can stall if ltm lets blocks get big after a lul
17:32:01 <br-m> <ofrnxmr> I have an elegant solution and 0xfffc will push soon
17:32:07 <br-m> <jberman> nice
17:33:02 <br-m> <jeffro256> IBD?
17:33:05 <br-m> <rucknium> ibd = Initial block download. ltm = long-term median block size. lul = lull.
17:33:05 <br-m> <rucknium> I presume :)
17:33:13 <br-m> <jeffro256> ah
17:33:14 <br-m> <ofrnxmr> initial block download
17:35:00 <br-m> <syntheticbird> these acronyms are getting out of control
17:35:33 <br-m> <rucknium> I encourage people to define acronyms here. These logs are for posterity, after all :)
17:35:37 <br-m> <jpk68:matrix.org> Maybe “lul” means “omegalul” (probably not)
17:36:34 <br-m> <rucknium> Of course, defining an acronym like FCMP isn't necessary at this point.
17:37:52 <br-m> <rucknium> 7. Share or Perish (selfish mining mitigation) (https://github.com/monero-project/research-lab/issues/146).
17:39:28 <br-m> <rucknium> I'm writing up my thoughts on open questions, methodology, and future research direction for selfish mining and Share or Perish. I wanted to finish that task by now, but I didn't.
17:41:49 <UkoeHB> my update: reviewing jberman's big db PR #11425 a little late, will make a review PR this week or next
17:42:12 <br-m> <rucknium> 8.  Shi et al. (2026) "Are Unreachable Nodes Truly Safe? Fully Eclipsing Monero’s P2P Network!" (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2609.10260). p2p: increase white_list size and change connection selection algorithm (https://github.com/monero-project/monero/pull/11527).
17:42:54 <br-m> <rucknium> @ofrnxmr:monero.social ping on this item
17:45:23 <br-m> <rucknium> At the last #no-wallet-left-behind:monero.social meeting, @ofrnxmr:monero.social suggested my PR isn't as urgent because the latest simulations showed that a subnet-concentrated adversary can't perform the Nyx eclipse attack.
17:46:19 <br-m> <rucknium> And @ofrnxmr:monero.social is working on another solution. I don't care much which solution (or both) is merged, as long as it's merged before the next release version is tagged.
17:47:45 <br-m> <ofrnxmr> Would people prefer an all-in-one pr? Easier to understand why each design choice it made when all together, but there are also pieces that can go uostream on their own, which are easier to review
17:49:14 <br-m> <ofrnxmr> I dont mind doing it vtnerd style, where the all-in-one is open (like 8867), but pieces of it are split out to make review easier
17:49:46 <br-m> <ofrnxmr> Also need to decide what color to paint my bike shed ..
17:50:52 <br-m> <rucknium> Doesn't make much difference to me, but your main audience would be the usual PR reviewers I assume.
17:54:12 <br-m> <rucknium> We can end the meeting here. Thanks everyone.
