agustincruz submits CCS proposal to fund 3D metal printer project
This project consists of an Open source, low-cost 3D Metal Printer for developing and low income countries, using an electron beam to sinter the metal powder. This project have an extreme affinity in philosophy with Monero and would not be possible without this grant.
Total funding: 87 XMR. ETA: TBD.
- M1: Ordering metal powders used for 3D Metal Printing (4 XMR)
- M2: Project website domain registration (.org or .io) and hosting for 5 years (3 XMR)
- M3: Electron gun manufacturing (10 XMR)
- M4: Electron gun testing on a thin layer of metal powder (10 XMR)
- M5: Z Axis manufacturing and integration (10 XMR)
- M6: Powder re-coating system manufacturing and integration (10 XMR)
- M7: Software Programming (10 XMR)
- M8: First operational 3D Metal Printing tests (1.08 XMR)
- M9: Project reporting on website: upload all the designs, schematics, videos, tests (10 XMR)
The material cost for a final unit is estimated at ~$10K3.
The proposal links to a demo video of an advanced prototype: 3D Metal Printer - Electron gun tests4.
To read the full proposal, share your feedback, ask questions and support this CCS, consult !3052.
Update: proposal closed/canceled.